Who has not had any mess around without letting him talk? Sometimes they don’t let eat, sleep, or even play sports in peace. They are flies, probably the most common insect in all homes whose lonely appearance does not always depend on cleanliness.
This insect was also part of the seven plagues of Egypt in the Bible, and in fact, the plague of the flies was the fourth of them. We tell you more about this insect so you can face it.
The fly, a heavy insect
The first thing you need to know is that yes, unfortunately, flies are an insect that is also active during the day. Any time is good for her. There are many types of flies: blue fly, housefly, horsefly, fruit fly, meat fly, etc.
Its danger varies by species; There are some tropical ones whose bite is even deadly, but in general, flies are great transmitters of diseases, and with their bite, they can inject into our body numerous bacteria, not to mention the ones they leave behind when they sit in our food.
We will teach you how to eliminate flies, or if you prefer other methods, how to scare away flies:
- When you have a few, they are just that, a few who come to give the fuck to your home. Without a doubt, the most used remedy is the fly swatter, that instrument as a plastic shovel that serves to kill the flies directly. It is the most effective and fastest of how many you will find, although obviously, it only works if you have very few copies.
- In this case, you can also use insecticides against flies. The majority contain some type of poison for flies that supposes its death. There are many brands, sizes, and uses, and most can be found in supermarkets in the drugstore section. Use them to spray on doors, windows, areas where they are usually found, and on the roofs where they usually pose.
- On the other hand, there are fly traps, also very different. For example, ultraviolet light traps. It is a kind of toaster discovered that is placed on the ceilings and walls so that the flies are attracted to the light and, once there, they are stuck to it and suffer a deadly electric shock.
- Have you heard of flytrap tapes? They are a very effective remedy that is placed hanging from the ceiling and consists simply of an adhesive tape where they remain stuck.
- We have more. The electric racket is as it sounds, a plastic racket smaller than a tennis racket with a net that gives an electric shock with the contact. If you catch them, they will stick to it.
- Repellent for natural flies. You can make natural sprayers with essential oils of thyme, clove, basil, lavender, peppermint, geranium, or even lemongrass. They all have repellent properties for flies. If you feel like it, you can also grow the plants that keep them away, such as mint, basil, or lavender. Thus, you will have a natural way of how to scare flies.
Do I have a plague of flies?
As you can see, there are many methods that exist because they are the most common insects and probably the most annoying in homes. However, all these methods are for homes with a small plague of flies.
We know that they are annoying in any case, from a single one that can give the can more than a whole swarm, until when it becomes a real health problem with hundreds and thousands of specimens flying at once in an area. These are the most common signs:
- Finding fly larvae means that adults have been nesting in your home for some time.
- If there are large colonies fluttering in the same place at all times, it is because there is a reason for your visit.
- Pests are identified by the large black spot that they visually suppose. They fly together, but almost never separate.
How to prevent a plague of flies
The best way to end these pests is to ask a professional for help. However, there are different ways to prevent the plague.
The first thing to ask yourself is why they are at home or in your business. Indeed, it has to do with cleaning.
Therefore, you must remove food scraps, take out the trash frequently and clean the garbage can, keep the containers covered, keep the food well sealed and keep all the rooms in the house clean, avoiding as much as possible that pets deposit their excrement inside the house.