It is probably the most disgusting plague for most human beings.
So we recommend check this roach extermination tips.
The cockroach phobia is very common, especially when it is an insect that usually appears before or after in our home to visit us, especially in large cities or in areas with hot and humid climates.
From a few individuals to whole pests, the appearance of cockroaches can make our lives very complicated. Here you will learn all the information you need to know about them and, especially, how to kill cockroaches.
Why is my kitchen?
Cockroaches love dirt, and this means that they are insects that look for food scraps, wet areas, or trash for several days. The place in the house where we cook, leave remains, or store garbage is usually a single room: the kitchen.
That is why if we have cockroach pests at home, they are very likely to manifest in the kitchen. Places such as the sink, countertops, furniture, and appliances and especially the hidden areas of these, are the ideal home for these little ones. Therefore, to avoid cockroach pests in the kitchen, we teach you how to prevent their arrival:
- The cleaning is a fundamental aspect of talking about this pest. Sometimes, our home can meet certain conditions that can be ideal for cockroaches, such as humidity or heat. Do not make it easy. Keep all places that might be more suspicious, such as the sink, sealed and clean. Start by putting a plug in the sump to prevent the rise in the pipes, or using tap plugs or anti-insect filters.
- Cockroaches love sugar, so they think that any of the foods we eat today may like them since most of them have sugars present. Avoid leaving food scraps, and above all, thoroughly clean the areas where food is handled.
- Keep the trash sealed at night and take it out whenever it is full.
If a single specimen of this species walking through your kitchen makes your hair stand on end, imagine when the problem becomes a plague.
There are more than 5,000 species of cockroaches, but the most common are the German, Eastern or American cockroaches. The latter is slightly larger and adore dark and open spaces like false ceilings.
Any of these species reproduce very easily and quickly, and that is when they do it in the same place when we talk about cockroach pests.
The best thing to know about how to eliminate cockroach pests is to know their behavior, so in this article, we will tell you all about them. Of course, if what you have at home are large pests, it is best to call a specialist in cockroach pest control who will perform industrial fumigation.
If you want to kill the copies yourself, you should consider some things:
- The first thing is to find the nest. Cockroaches love warm, humid, and dark places, so there is surely a crack or small compartment in some area that escapes you. For example, it is very common for cockroaches to make nests on the ceiling, so try to observe the hanging lamps, probably the hole through which the cable comes out is larger than you imagined. Another option is the door and window frames, where sometimes large populations of cockroaches are protected.
- To end the plague, not only must kill adults, but also eggs and larvae. It is the best method to end the root problem. That’s why it’s so important that you find them.
- Now is the time to remove them. Attentive to the different methods to exterminate cockroaches.